Tutorials and templates
Download and install
- Download the Prototype Kit (zip file)
- Installation guide for new users
- Installation guide for advanced users
You can find them in your prototype folder, in /docs/views/templates
Copy and paste the pages you need to your /app/views folder to make your prototypes.
- GOV.UK page template / Unbranded page template
- Question page template
- Content page template
- Task list template
- Check your answers template
- Confirmation page template
Your prototype folder also contains the following page templates:
- Mainstream guide template
- Start page template
- Step by step navigation template
- Start page with step by step template
You cannot adjust the design of these pages, but you can use them to help you prototype realistic journeys connecting your service with GOV.UK content.
When not to use step by step navigation
Remember that step by step navigation is not for use within transactional services. We have included it in the Prototype Kit only so you can prototype your journeys. Unlike most other components and patterns in the Design System, we do not provide the code for step by step navigation in `govuk-frontend`.
GOV.UK Design System
GOV.UK Design System is a guide to making your prototype look like a GOV.UK service, including typography, forms and more.